Thursday, May 12, 2011

Left behind

Sometimes I feel ad though the rest of the world is moving up and growing older, while I just stay the same. Stale. Boring.
Friends I once held dear have moved on with their lives. And I no longer fit. I'm outside the cookie cutter mould of society. Not to say I'm individual, far from it. More like bland.
Next year brings with it the opportunity of living in Spain - infect it's a requirement but what then? Surely the gap between 'normality' and me will widen. And most probably my friends will leave me behind.
Of course we'll pretend that the gap isn't there but it will be. Over time little awkward pauses will become an even more awkward silence until we just don't talk anymore apart from occasional nods of acknowledgement across a crowded room, or a stilted conversation in a street which ends in a shuffling of bags and a glance at a watch indicating that too much time has passed for it to work anymore.
Sigh...

AEx

No comments:

Post a Comment