Thursday, May 12, 2011

Toast

Toast is a marvellous invention.
It really makes my day.
Whenever I see a buttered slice.
I just have to eat it all.
Including crusts.

Ok, so maybe it isn't the stuff of epic poetry but it is a great source of comfort in the often cruel world. I reckon that is because it is warm, crunchy and also buttery. It is the taste of home. You can't go wrong with a slice of toast. It is a great thing no matter what time of day.
You can eat it at: Breakfast
Elevenses
Lunch
Tea Time
Dinner (with or without beans)
Supper

I myself prefer just to have plain toast and butter but the range of toppings is almost endless. A very indulgent treat is toast and crunchy peanut butter. It works amazingly well. Toast stops me being depressed. It lifts my mood. It calms me down. It even sends me to sleep.

So thank you toast for being so great.
What would the modern world be without you!


AEx

No comments:

Post a Comment