Thursday, July 21, 2011

Year Abroad: 4 - Booked my flight/my ever-growing to-do list

This just got real.  New passport arrived and the tickets are now booked for my first stint abroad.  Leaving my home on the 25th of September for the first 13 and a bit weeks of my time in Baeza.  With my flight booked it has started to sink in that this thing which has been looming over me since I first decided to do my degree will become a reality.  I get to live and breathe Spain and a culture which I love.  That is one big part of the process now completed.  Still have a lot to do though and rapidly running out of time to do it in.  66 days.  

To-do list:
Book hotel for first night in Madrid, preferably close to Atocha train station.
Buy travel insurance
Find somewhere to sleep when I arrive in Baeza
Find a flat to live in in Baeza (this is a biggie)
Figure out what I still need to buy before I leave
Figure out which clothes I need to take and which stuff my mum has to bring out with her on her visit
Photocopy everything!
Try to plan some cultural things for my teaching job
Organise my gadget insurance
Buy a new laptop and digital camera
Find Spanish music to fill my iPod and provide a soundtrack for my ramblings

Any suggestions? 
  

1 comment: