Thursday, May 24, 2012

Year Abroad: Highlights of the Week 7th – 13th April



Saturday 7th April – I played a concert with the band, but it was a tad unusual.  It was at a Bullfight.  A once in a lifetime experience that I’m glad I had the opportunity to do, but I don’t think I’ll be viewing another bullfight any time soon. 

Sunday 8th April – Another amazing opportunity thanks to the band.  I was playing in two full-blown processions on Easter Sunday.  First time I have marched and played at the same time.   

Monday 9th April – Went to Ubeda with my mum to show her the other town.  Walked around in the nice sunshine and then went to a café for a nice roll.   In the evening we went out with Jenna.  It was so funny when my mum didn’t really know how to introduce herself.  She started off with “hi I’m Mary Ann’s mum” then after a pause “you can call me Ann”.

Tuesday 10th April – My mum came down to the school with me and sat in the staff room whilst I did my classes.  During the interval when we went to eat breakfast she got churros and I re-tried them.  I am still not a churro fan but *meh* they are all right.  She was obsessed with finding out why the different cofradias have different sized pointy hats.  We still haven’t gotten an answer.

Wednesday 11th April – Mother’s last day.  I went to work and then met my mum during the break.  It was freeeeeeezing cold.  We bought some of the statuettes of the Cofridias, one as a present to my sister and the other for my mum’s school.  We went out for dinner in the evening and then chilled out and sorted stuff for my mum’s travel home.

Thursday 12th April – Mum left.  Emotional.  Slept for a lot of the day.

Friday 13th April -

No comments:

Post a Comment