Saturday, May 26, 2012

Year Abroad: Highlights of the Week 14th – 20th April


Saturday 14th – Went out for a walk and sat in the sun.  Read Mockingjay again because I’d gotten it on ebook before my kindle broke and now with my kindle had been replaced.


Sunday 15th – Lazy day.

Monday 16th – Went with Jenna to Jaen to see her wedding dress and so that she could get it fitted.  It is gorgeous.  She will be such a beautiful bride in August. 

Tuesday 17th – Found out that I was going to be a “judge” for the Cultural Olympics.  General good times in the school.

Wednesday 18th – Jenna came up for her dinner.  We were both laughing about the daft things our schools were getting us to do.  I had been volunteered to be a “judge” for the Cultural Olympics.  She had to go to Madrid and give a live-action demonstration of the bombing of Guernica inside the Reina-Sofia art gallery…she wins.

Thursday 19th – Cultural Olympics!  This turned out to actually be fun.  We had to check the quiz answers that the kids gave us and whittle the groups down until there was only one winner.  The questions were in all sorts of categories based on what they should have learned in class. 

We all got given wee presents for our part – I got a t-shirt and a sun dial.  Alejandra asked Moises if he’d explain to me how a sun dial works….we just exchanged looks and laughed…I had to explain that yes we have enough sunlight to make sun dials work, oh Spanish people!
After it was over we all went out for drinks and chatted.  Fali kept doing mimes and since I laughed at them he has taken to doing one whenever I see him.


Friday 20th – I was given my first hour off because I’d been at the Olympics…and the rest of the day passed without incident.  I had been re-thinking trying to go home the following weekend for my dad’s birthday and managed to find a cheap enough flight to justify it.  Problem was I’d need to miss and hour of class in order to get to Malaga in time.  Thus commenced three long days where I had to wait for a teacher to get back in touch to confirm or deny this.

No comments:

Post a Comment