Friday, October 14, 2011

Year Abroad: The day in which Scotland lost to Spain...

   
     What could be worse than your national football team being beaten and knocked out of an international championship?  I'll tell you what.  Having the winners of the match be Spain, and having them win 3-1 while you are sitting at a bar with a ton of Spanish people who then take the mick out of you for the rest of the night.

     Yup, this is exactly what happened on Wednesday evening.  I mean deep down I knew it was going to be near on miraculous for Scotland to win against the world champions.  But as a Scot we hope against hope that we will overcome.  And we had beaten Spain not too long ago.  Granted that was in the much cooler climes at Hampden with a home crowd, and I for one know how tough it is to do anything in this freaking heat.  But when we got that one goal...

     At least we got one.  And there is always next time.  I'm just going to continue my mission to destabilise Spain from the inside.  I'm teaching the kids in my accent...they'll be Scottish by the time I'm done with them.  And then we'll see who wins.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment